Saturday, June 9, 2012

Last Day in Melbourne

Hello Again!

Sorry I have been a little behind on my blog. We have had a very busy past couple of days and I have been typing it, but have not had the opportunity to get internet access to post it. Today was my last day in Melbourne and I have to say it was probably my favorite day so far. We had an early morning this morning to get on the bus to the Queen Victoria Market, which is the largest market in the southern hemisphere.



All of the aboriginal artwork and decorative boomerangs were absolutely exquisite. I could not take my eyes off of it, nor could I find myself walking away from the one shop that had fully authentic aboriginal art. However, I did spend quite a bit of money, but I found some very nice gifts for quite a few of you back home! I wish we would have had more time in the shops though. After lunch we made our way back to the hotel where we had a quick break before meeting up at the Batman (not like Batman and Robin, Batman as in one of the founders of Victoria) Hotel for the Australian Rules Football Game.

After we had a few of the game rules explained to us we made our way to the stadium. I wore my teams colors and scarf that I bought after their training practice earlier this week, and I also got my face painted. The game started out very slow and boring because unfortunately Sydney was beating Essendon pretty bad. However, in the last quarter of the game Essendon kicked it up a notch and it was a fight to the finish, but unfortunately they lost by 4 points. During the game we were given an Australian delicacy, meat pies, as our dinner. They are almost like pot pies with ground beef and gravy. Typically Aussies put tomato sauce (Ketchup) on top before they eat it. It was not my favorite food by far, but I can at least say I tried it and it wasn't half bad!





Well we have to be in the lobby by 6:30AM to head to the airport, but I will give you an update on the new city shortly! I will certainly miss Melbourne, but I have plenty of memories to keep with me for a lifetime!

Goodnight Everyone, or Good Morning in America!

No comments:

Post a Comment