Thursday, June 14, 2012

Last Day in Canberra

It's my last day in Canberra, and I'm not going to lie I am rather excited! We had an early morning for breakfast and check-out of the rooms by 9AM, but surprisingly this morning everyone was in a fantastic mood. We stored our bags at the AIS and made a trip to the University of Canberra where we spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon working on our research posters for the final project of our study abroad credit. We also each had an opportunity to spend ten or so minutes with Sandy asking questions on how to improve our research and narrow down some of our topics. This portion of today a seemed very long long, especially anticipating Cairns and the warm weather, but it was very helpful. We had two flights today, one from Canberra to Sydney and then finally Sydney to Cairns. This made for a long evening a travel. We left Canberra at 4PM and didn't arrive to Cairns until 11PM, but we did make it. Well today seems short on paper, but it's time for me to hit the pillow we have a full day at the Aboriginal Culture Center and the beach tomorrow. Don't worry I will wear sunscreen. Apparently there is no ozone here, so I may still come back burnt to a crisp, but at least I can say that I tried. I can't believe I am already halfway through my trip. It feels like I only got here yesterday. Also, for anyone else who is keeping track.... my 21st birthday is in 21 DAYS!!!!!! 

XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment