Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Journey to Australia

Hello again everyone!

Although I am currently typing this during my long layover in LAX I still can't believe I am about to be halfway around the world. When I arrived at the airport in Dallas this morning I unfortunately had to do some shuffling of clothes because my larger suitcase was about 5lbs. over the weight limit which was surprising considering how much of a struggle it was to get to the bare minimum! After a sad goodbye to the parents I was on my way! A couple easy and on time flights to LAX made for a great afternoon of travel.





























However, when I went to check in to Qantas Airlines for my boarding ticket to Australia I was not aware that my carryon items could only weigh 7kg or 15lbs. Needless to say mine was 19kg (almost triple the allowance) since it was holding the rest of my clothes to keep my large suitcase under 50lbs. 20 minutes of shuffling things around and 1 overweight fee later my carryon was under 7kg and I got my boarding pass!!




























For now I am just waiting outside the secured area to try and meet up with some of my fellow classmates because according to the attendant there is nothing to do or eat past security. His suggestion was to begin making my way through security around 10PM and hopefully by then I will have met up with a few people!!

The next chance I get to post I will be down under, and it will be Monday June 4th. With crossing the international dateline I am losing an entire day, so let me know how it is. I know today wasn't all that interesting, but I promise it will get better!!

Missing everyone already! LOVE <3


No comments:

Post a Comment