Friday, June 1, 2012

Before Departure

Hello Friends and Family! 
     I cannot wait to begin my trip tomorrow and I promise I will do my best to update my blog everyday with stories and pictures to keep you all filled in on life down under! Although at this point you all know I am traveling abroad to Australia many of you may not have any idea why I am going, and what I will be studying. My obsession with sports and my love for physical therapy has led me to this wonderful opportunity. I am going to Australia to study the sporting industry through a program called AustraLearn, and will be enrolled at The University of Canberra. During this course I will be introduced to the Australian sports system, and will gain coaching advice, and insight on nutrition, sports research, psychology, and human movement and fitness. However, despite all the amazing things I hope to learn I am also going to be able to meet so many new people! I will be traveling with about 30 students from all over the United States and one from Canada. My journey in Australia is going to take me to four different cities, three with the program, Melbourne, Canberra, and Cairns, and one with seven other students from the program to experience Sydney for a few days before heading back to the states.


A little bit about life in Australia currently:
  • They are 15 hours ahead of the US Central Time Zone, so if it is 5PM here while all of you enjoy dinner I will be just waking up at 8AM. 
  • My first two stops: Melbourne and Canberra are currently in the high 50's to low 60's during the day and reaching into the 30's at night. 
  • Third stop of the trip: Cairns is currently in the mid to low 80's during the day reaching the high 60's at night. 
  • Final destination: Sydney is currently in the mid to high 60's during the day and reaching the low 50's at night. 

Needless to say with the crazy temperature changes packing was a long adventure......

I managed to go from all of this to one large suitcase and a carryon plus my backpack! 

Well my first flight leaves Dallas Love Field tomorrow morning at 11:00AM for LAX and after a VERY long layover I will be departing for Australia at 11:30PM Pacific Standard Time (1:30AM Central). I am a little nervous about such a long flight by myself (about 15ish hours), but I am so excited to get there I may not get any sleep tonight!

See You All Back Here Tomorrow :) 



5 comments:

  1. oh hello :) glad you took my advice on blogspot! now I can follow your every post no matter what :) love you girl! I know you're going to have a blast!!!! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I did too its pretty easy to figure out although I'm sure I could probably still use a tutorial... haha. Expect some pics sent to your email over the next couple weeks. I will see what I can find for you ;) Miss you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you already! Enjoy every minute of this awesome experience Love you!,
    IPOY

    ReplyDelete