Monday, June 4, 2012

First Day in Australia

Good Morning Everyone,

Well today was my first day in Australia and I am actually about to go to bed! When I left you all yesterday I began my journey through security and off to the gate to board my plane.


Luckily I was given a window seat for the whole journey to Melbourne, and after an hour and fifteen minute delay.... we were finally on the way to AUSTRALIA! Each seat was equipped with a personal TV which we could use to watch movie, TV,  listen to music, message between seats, watch take-off and landing with a tail camera, and track the status of the plane. Luckily I was given a window seat and the guy in the seat next to me had made this trip MANY times before. My seat neighbor was from Buffalo New York, but decided to go to school in Australia. He already graduated and had a job in New York, but was making a trip back to Australia to visit. He was full of helpful tips that I believe helped me survive the day! After take off I watched the Iron Lady while dinner was served. Although I didn't have very high expectations for an in flight meal it was much better than I expected. For dinner we had a choice of fish or chicken with broccoli and potatoes, a salad, a roll, and a dessert of apple pie. As soon as the stewardess came by to collect dinner I was ready for sleep. Especially considering it was about 4:30AM. After making a calming playlist and taking out my eye mask I was able to get many more hours of sleep than I thought would be possible. By the time I was ready to wake up we had three hours left of our journey and breakfast was being served. The in flight hot meal was an egg muffin with a side of sausage, fruit, and a nut muffin which I enjoyed while watching the second Sherlock Holmes movie. Perfect timing and while that movie ended it was time to begin our descent. Once landed and through customs we met up as a group and took a charter bus to our hotel. Since it was only 10AM here we were unable to check in to our rooms, but we dropped off our luggage and went exploring for some lunch. By noon many of us were able to access our rooms and Macy (my roommate) and I took much needed showers! After our showers Macy and I put on some warm clothes and went out to explore Melbourne before happy hour at 5PM. Our first stop was the visitors center where we were given the advice to take a bus tour of the city which would take about an hour and a half. Since today the weather was rather cold and rainy we decided to take that free tour.
  

After our journey around this gorgeous city we met up with our group for a round of cocktails and dinner before all of us decided we were too tired to go out for the night. Tomorrow we are taking our first two sports tours and I absolutely can't wait! 

Hope y'all are enjoying my blog so far! Please FB or email me if you have any questions I can answer! 

CHEERS!

2 comments:

  1. Is that picture from your room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it's from a bridge in the city! I will post a picture from my room on FB later today

    ReplyDelete