Saturday, June 9, 2012

Great Ocean Road Tour

It was a late night and an early morning, but we managed to get up and on the Go West busses for the Great Ocean Road Tour. We began our tour from Melbourne and went all the way down the coastline of the state of Victoria. Our first stop took us to a beautiful beach where I found some sea shells and took some pictures.

Hard to believe that at about 40 degrees there were surfers in the water, but there were at least a dozen to twenty! On the way to the first atop we saw wild kangaroos, but all the pictures we could get didn't fully come out. Our second stop led us to another beach coastline where we took a tea break, and I found a few more sea shells. As we continued after our tea break we finally were driving along the coastline. The next pit stop we made took us to a little inlet where we were able to see our first koalas of the journey. They looked so cute and content in the trees, but they were a lot bigger than I expected. We were also able to feed local birds and one rested on my arm to eat.




After that stop was a short trip to lunch, and then our journey to the rainforest! Now I was not at all prepared for the rainforest. I had no rain jacket or umbrella and for anyone who wants to know it actually does rain in the rain forest! BUT I can officially say I have taken a shower in the rainforest.


After an hour ride from the rainforest we made it to the world famous Twelve Apostles. At this point although they were gorgeous I was wet and freezing, so I got a couple photos and then made my way quickly back to the bus.



The next stop we made Macy and I found a beached puffer fish that became a hit to take pictures with, but apparently if we would have accidentally gotten pricked its very deadly. Well I'm still alive and you only live once... especially in Australia!

Then we stopped at the London Bridge. Although the original story behind London Bridges falling down was because of the plague in Europe, London Bridge really did fall down in the 1990's. A couple got stuck on the side that didn't collapse and a news helicopter was called to come save them thinking they would get a news story from it. When they landed the helicopter the couple ran off not only because they were suppose to be at work that day, but they were taking a sicky (skip work day). They also were both married but not to each other.



That was our last stop of the day on the tour, but it was about a three hour ride back to Melbourne and our hotel for a hot shower and a warm bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment